Complementary therapies work together with traditional medical treatment to promote comfort, relaxation and wellbeing while also providing coping strategies for clients, families and carers being cared for by clinical palliative care staff.
Therapies available are dependent on qualified volunteers who kindly offer their time, knowledge and skills to provide this service.
- Hypnotherapy and kinesiology
- Yoga and meditation
- Reiki and therapeutic touch
- Facials and aromatherapy
- Reflexology, Bowen Therapy and lymphatic drainage
Complementary therapies can help:
- promote relaxation and emotional support
- reduce stress and anxiety
- improve well-being and quality of life
- better the quality of sleep
- alleviate symptoms such as pain, nausea, poor appetite, fatigue, constipation and diarrhoea
- support our patients, their families and carers
To find out more or how you can support these essential services for palliative care patients, please contact THRF Group – Palliative Care on 8243 0230.