The Hospital Research Foundation Group – Palliative Care is passionate and committed to helping people requiring palliative care. How do we do this? We:
- Provide increased support, information and services to people in palliative care, and their carers.
- Connect people with support groups, rehabilitation centres, hospitals and other organisations focused on palliative care.
- Promote and facilitate vital medical research and education about palliative care.
- Raise awareness about the needs of people in palliative care and their families.
- Facilitate vital support from the community through donations, bequests and other fundraising activities.
From 1 September 2021, The Hospital Research Foundation Group (THRFG) will focus on funding and supporting palliative care on a statewide, collaborative basis which will be reflected in a new charity extension called The Hospital Research Foundation Group – Palliative Care. The exciting charity merger will improve the provision of support, essential services, education and increase vital research. Learn more about THRF Group here: www.hospitalresearch.com.au
We support families, friends, adults, children, parents…
We are a source of financial support and collaboration with Southern Adelaide Palliative Services (SAPS), Central Adelaide Palliative Services (CAPS), Northern Adelaide Palliative Services (NAPS) and Women’s and Children’s Health Network paediatric palliative care. We have also committed to establishing an innovative and transformational statewide palliative care research program, aiming to improve palliative care for all South Australians.
People who live with a terminal illness are experts by experience – they know what they need. Together we can use this knowledge to make a positive difference. This could be increasing awareness of palliative care or engaging our community to support expanding palliative care research and education. We strongly believe that when we work with you, we do make a difference!